COST$299 Individual | $599 Up to Three
WHO?Administrators in alumni relations and advancement
FORMATRegistrants have the flexibility to move through the course (i.e., watch each unit recording) at their own pace. Each week, the Lead Instructor will host an open Office Hours call, where you can ask questions, discuss homework, and learn what other institutions are doing to engage alumni.
Coupling innovation with proven best practices, this course helps you take advantage of the technologies available to you to reach alumni. Administrators who complete the course will understand which metrics are important to track, ways to boost digital engagement, and strategies for interpreting alumni data.
Tracking the impact of changes helps you refine your strategy. This course explains how to evaluate the maturity of your engagement strategy against the Wisr Engagement Framework and explores how to quantitatively measure and visualize change over time. That means your department keeps improving and you look awesome in meetings.
CONNECT WITH PEERS
This course will allow you to meet other administrators in alumni relations so you can share approaches that have worked well in practice. You’ll connect with administrators around the country to post course homework assignments, discuss your biggest challenges, and source ideas for new engagement tactics.
Here’s what we’ll cover during the 4-unit course:
UNIT 1: ALUMNI DATA
- Part 1: The Wisr Engagement Framework
- Part 2: Understanding Marketing Stacks
- Part 3: Improving Segmentation & Personalization
UNIT 2: PROGRAMMING
- Part 1: Focusing on Alumni Needs
- Part 2: Updating Experiential Programming
- Part 3: Tailoring Volunteer Programming
CONTENT + MESSAGING
UNIT 3: CONTENT + MESSAGING
- Part 1: Developing Digital Content
- Part 2: Personalizing Messaging
- Part 3: Tying Content and Messaging to Programming
UNIT 4: CAMPUS COLLABORATION
- Part 1: Analyzing Data to Drive Decisions
- Part 2: Building a Centralized Dashboard
- Part 3: Advocating for Your Initiatives
“This really allows us to talk with like-minded people, and think about what are the challenges that are facing you. At larger [trainings], you’re talked at a lot, and you don’t actually get to talk about what’s working and not working for your institution.”
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What exactly will I learn during the course?
- Evaluate the maturity of your current engagement strategy
- Uncover where your data lives and how it flows together
- Integrate personalization into email messaging
- Mobilize alumni evangelists through digital communities and social networks
- Take action to build an engagement dashboard
- Establish your department as a strategic value-driver for the institution
How do I access course materials?
What if I'm not available at the scheduled times?
Why doesn't the course meet in-person?
Is this course only for entry-level administrators?
What does a certification in alumni engagement strategy mean for me?
PICK YOUR PRICE
We offer this certificate course on a rolling basis for individuals and teams.
Up to Three Members
HOW ENROLLMENT WORKS
1) Registration & Payment
Register yourself and your teammates (if applicable), and securely submit payment using any major credit card. You'll immediately receive an auto-receipt.
2) Details & Academy Invitation
After your payment processes, you'll receive additional details about the course and an invitation to join Wisr Academy, the network where you'll access course materials. Please allow up to an hour for your payment to process.
3) Join Academy & Get Started
Once you receive your invitation you'll need to create a profile on Wisr Academy. This will only take about 5 minutes. When your profile is complete, click the Communities tab and join Wisr Academy | Alumni Engagement Strategy. Once you've joined, you're ready to start the course!