COST$299 Individual | $599 Up to Three
WHO?Administrators in alumni relations and advancement
FORMATRegistrants have the flexibility to move through the course (i.e., watch each unit recording) at their own pace. Each week, the Lead Instructor will host an open Office Hours call, where you can ask questions, discuss homework, and learn what other institutions are doing to engage alumni.
Coupling innovation with proven best practices, this course helps you take advantage of the technologies available to you to reach alumni. Administrators who complete the course will understand which metrics are important to track, ways to boost digital engagement, and strategies for interpreting alumni data.
Tracking the impact of changes helps you refine your strategy. This course explains how to evaluate the maturity of your engagement strategy against the Wisr Engagement Framework and explores how to quantitatively measure and visualize change over time. That means your department keeps improving and you look awesome in meetings.
CONNECT WITH PEERS
This course will allow you to meet other administrators in alumni relations so you can share approaches that have worked well in practice. You’ll connect with administrators around the country to post course homework assignments, discuss your biggest challenges, and source ideas for new engagement tactics.
Here’s what we’ll cover during the 4-unit course:
UNIT 1: ALUMNI DATA
- Mastering Alumni Data
- Part 1: The Wisr Engagement Framework
- Part 2: Understanding Marketing Stacks
- Part 3: Improving Segmentation & Personalization
UNIT 2: PROGRAMMING
- Delivering Engaging Programming
- Part 1: Focusing on Alumni Needs
- Part 2: Updating Experiential Programming
- Part 3: Tailoring Volunteer Programming
UNIT 3: DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT
- Building Community Online
- Part 1: Developing Digital Content
- Part 2: The Power of Digital Communities
- Part 3: Mobilizing Evangelists
UNIT 4: ENGAGEMENT ANALYTICS
- Demonstrating Your Impact on Campus
- Part 1: Analyzing Data to Drive Decisions
- Part 2: Building an Engagement Dashboard
- Part 3: Advocating for Your Initiatives
“This really allows us to talk with like-minded people, and think about what are the challenges that are facing you. At larger [trainings], you’re talked at a lot, and you don’t actually get to talk about what’s working and not working for your institution.”
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What exactly will I learn during the course?
- Evaluate the maturity of your current engagement strategy
- Uncover where your data lives and how it flows together
- Integrate personalization into email messaging
- Mobilize alumni evangelists through digital communities and social networks
- Take action to build an engagement dashboard
- Establish your department as a strategic value-driver for the institution
How do I access course materials?
What if I'm not available at the scheduled times?
Why doesn't the course meet in-person?
Is this course only for entry-level administrators?
What does a certification in alumni engagement strategy mean for me?
PICK YOUR PRICE
We offer this certificate course on a rolling basis for individuals and teams.
HOW REGISTRATION WORKS
1) Registrant Information
Provide your contact information and details about any other team members who are joining the course with you.
Pay your registration fee using a card or PayPal account. For team registration, only one team member needs to submit payment. All financial transactions are secured by PayPal.
You and any team members you registered will instantly receive a confirmation email from us and a receipt from PayPal.
4) Network Invitation
You and any team members you registered will receive an invitation to join the Wisr Academy network, which is where you'll participate in discussion forums, view unit recordings, and access bonus resources.
5) Make a Profile
Create your profile on the Wisr Academy network. The more information you provide about your background, the better networking matches our algorithm will offer you so that you get the most out of connecting with other higher ed professionals. Making a profile usually takes about 5 minutes.
6) Start Connecting
Start chatting with other administrators and stay tuned for information on the Office Hours day and time! We'll notify you by email with more details.