FORMATRegistrants have the flexibility to move through the course (i.e., watch each unit recording) at their own pace. Each week, the Lead Instructor will host an open Office Hours call, where you can ask questions, discuss unit homework, and learn what other institutions are doing to attract and engage prospective students.
Coupling innovation with proven best practices, this course helps you take advantage of the technologies available to you to reach prospective students and parents. Administrators who complete the course will understand which metrics to track, ways to boost digital engagement, and strategies for interpreting data.
Tracking the impact of changes helps you refine your strategy. This course explains how to evaluate the maturity of your engagement strategy against the Wisr Engagement Framework and explores how to quantitatively measure and visualize change over time. That means your department keeps improving and you look awesome in meetings.
CONNECT WITH PEERS
This course will allow you to meet other administrators in enrollment and student success so you can share what’s worked well in practice. You’ll connect with peers around the country to post course homework assignments, discuss your biggest challenges, and source ideas for new engagement tactics.
Here’s what we’ll cover during the 3-unit course:
IN THE CAREER CENTER
WEEK 1: IN THE CAREER CENTER
- Delivering on Expectations
- Part 1: The Wisr Engagement Framework
- Part 2: Understanding What Students Expect of Your Career Center
- Part 3: Segmenting Student Populations and Designing Need-Based Programming and Events
IN THE CLASSROOM
WEEK 2: IN THE CLASSROOM
- Partnering Effectively
- Part 1: Embedding Career Programming in the Curriculum
- Part 2: Exploring Careers in the Classroom through Faculty Partnerships
ONLINE & THROUGH RELATIONSHIPS
WEEK 3: ONLINE & THROUGH RELATIONSHIPS
- Scaling Your Reach
- Part 1: Mobilizing Alumni
- Part 2: Connecting Through Digital Communities
- Part 3: Developing Digital Content
“This really allows us to talk with like-minded people, and think about what are the challenges that are facing you. At larger [trainings], you’re talked at a lot, and you don’t actually get to talk about what’s working and not working for your institution.”
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What exactly will I learn during the course?
- Evaluate the maturity of your current engagement strategy
- Boost yield without consuming extra staff hours
- Uncover where your data lives and how it flows together
- Integrate personalization into email messaging
- Mobilize undergraduate and faculty advisors through digital communities and social networks
- Effectively partner with Alumni Relations colleagues on aligned initiatives
- Introduce a guide to assess the value of specific programming
How do I access course materials?
What if I'm not available at the scheduled times?
Why doesn't the course meet in person?
Is this course only for entry-level administrators?
What does a certification in prospective student engagement mean for me?
PICK YOUR PRICE
We offer this certificate course for individuals and teams.
HOW REGISTRATION WORKS
1) Registrant Information
Provide your contact information and details about any other team members who are joining the course with you.
Pay your registration fee using a card or PayPal account. For team registration, only one team member needs to submit payment. All financial transactions are secured by PayPal.
You and any team members you registered will instantly receive a confirmation email from us and a receipt from PayPal.
4) Network Invitation
You and any team members you registered will receive an invitation to join the Wisr Academy network, which is where you'll participate in discussion forums, view unit recordings, and access bonus resources.
5) Make a Profile
Create your profile on the Wisr Academy network. The more information you provide about your background, the better networking matches our algorithm will offer you so that you get the most out of connecting with other higher ed professionals. Making a profile usually takes about 5 minutes.
6) Start Connecting
Start chatting with other administrators and stay tuned for information on the Office Hours day and time! We'll notify you by email with more details.